Music has the ability to speak to the one when words fail and the music can comfort us at life’s difficult moments. It always plays an essential role in funeral services and memorial gatherings and celebrations of life. We have created a list of christian funeral songs and military funeral hymns.
Choosing music for a funeral will help you to create a personalized service and pay tribute to a loved one’s life. We have a list of religious funeral songs to help you to decide the type of music to play at a funeral; from classical funeral songs to modern songs. Some people choose live music for funerals commemorating a person’s life with happy songs. The choice completely depends upon you and depending on the rules of the service being held.
Contemporary christian songs for funerals
- A Mighty Fortress is Our God
- Abide with Me
- All Things Bright and Beautiful
- Amazing Grace
- Be Not Afraid
- Beautiful Savior
- Down to the River to Pray
- Goin’ Home
- Here I Am, Lord
- His Eye Is On The Sparrow
Best funeral songs christian download
1. Broken halos by Chris Stapleton: it is a beautiful funeral songs christian and it reminds you that angels cannot stay with us forever. This song was composed by Chris Stapleton. In one line, he sings angels come down from the heavens.
2. Amazing Grace by Alan Jackson: It is kind of the most recognizable funeral song. It can be a great choice if the attendees were able to sing. Alan Jackson does a wonderful rendition of this song.
3. If heaven wasn’t so far away by Justin Moore: Justin Moore sings about all the things he would do with his deceased loved ones when he could visit them in heaven. The ending of the song lyrics is losing then wouldn’t be so hard to take.
4. Heaven’s now my home by Libby Allen: This is sung from the perspective of someone who has passed away. It is a comforting funeral song. This song starts with the lines I am sorry that I left you and I know you feel alone.
5. How great Thou Art by Alan Jackson: This also a Christian funeral song by a country music star. He sings when Christ shall come lyrics.
6. When I’m Gone by Joey + Rory: This song is about the hard times that were experienced by everyone after losing their loved ones. It also reminds the listeners to recover their pain. The song ends with and even though you love me still you will know where you belong.
7. When I get where I’m going by Brad Paisley: This song can bring comfort during a funeral. This was composed by the country music star Brad Paisley.
8. Stand by pastor Donnie McClurkin: This song is not specifically focused on death or heaven. It talks about letting the lord help you in difficult times after the loss of a loved one.
9. Knowing what I know about Heaven by Guy Penrod & Sarah Darling: This is a song of faith and inspiration which is dedicated to her Grandpa by Sarah Darling. Thus singing will touch the lives of many those who lost their loved ones.
10. If heaven by Andy Griggs: This song focuses on the beauty of heaven. This song was composed by Andy Griggs.
The most popular funeral songs are
- My way: The composer of this song was Frank Sinatra. He was considered the greatest vocalist of the 20th century. This song is a musical choice to remember those that In life were charismatic and individual.
- Angels: This is the song that made Robbie a household name and has a popular choice at many funeral services.
- The best: The singer of this song was Tina Turner’s has become a popular choice at funeral services. Tina Turner’s iconic voice and this song was a good choice to remember someone who was special to you.
- Wind beneath my wings: This song was performed by Bette Midler. It has become the most popular funeral song as a way to remember your loved ones.
- Time to say goodbye: The popularisation of this song became a regular choice at funerals for those who have lost their life partner.
- Tears in Heaven: This is the song that was written by the world’s greatest guitarist Eric Clapton. He wrote this touching song following the tragic death of his son, Conor. These lyrics concentrate on the trauma of losing your child and suitable choice for the funeral service of any age.
Religious funeral songs for mother
We have listed a few songs which will be fitted when saying goodbye to your loving mother. If your mother recently passed away you can use these songs during funeral arrangements. The popular religious funeral songs for mother includes
- You’re My Best Friend – Queen
- Supermarket Flowers – Ed Sheeran
- Goodbye’s the Saddest Word – Celine Dion
- Mama – Il Divo
- Don’t Forget to Remember Me – Carrie Underwood
Our cmportal.in is the best Christian site that has huge collection songs for all the occasions, ceremonies. Here we have the most popular Christian funeral songs. We have nearly 1 lakh songs for all your occasions. You can download all these songs and lyrics at free of cost at the most convenient source. We have the best songs and also most rated songs.
You can visit our page and listen to these songs and get the blessings of the lord. You can listen to these songs in your free time and also share our page with your friends and relatives. In this way, you can share the gospel with unbelievers. You can download your favorite contemporary christian songs for funerals. Stay tuned with our page to enjoy much more music and blogs etc..
Guru Joseph is a Jesus-follower, Christian song-bird, and Bible word-lover. He aspires to craft words that are deep, impactful, beautiful Kingdom of God, and Christ-centered.
He is a leading Christian author, blogger, YouTuber passionate about people worldwide discovering Jesus Christ through Christian Writing. His content is findable at www.cmportal.in A popular Christian portal with a mission to connect the dots between the Bible and modern life.